Clinical Supervision is an enlightening experience that is built on a Supervisor-Supervisee trust and openness. With over 11 years of social work experience, I work with supervisees to enhance social work skills and knowledge, professional identity and competence in the field of social work. My unique approach builds on acquisition of knowledge through cognitive-behavioral and developmental models.
Supervisees can count on my experience to help guide them through the supervision process. My experience includes:
- Working with “latch-key” children and after school programs within an inner city community.
- Non-profit sector, fundraising and successful grant writing.
- Implementing evidence-based curriculum in a small group setting.
- Working as a Clinical Director in a residential treatment facility with children in Children’s Protective Services custody.
- Facilitating small groups with at-risk children suffering with emotional disorders and behavioral challenges in an alternative school setting.
- Working with inner city youth on character education and self-esteem building.
- Working with adolescents in local psychiatric facilities.
- Working in a level 1 trauma pediatric emergency department with children and families experiencing crisis, trauma, sex trafficking, child abuse, domestic violence,teen pregnancy, homelessness and death and dying.
Clinical Supervision occurs in a group setting with no more than six (6) licensed master social workers. In accordance with The Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners supervisees with an approved plan for full-time work will participate in no fewer than four (4) hours of supervision each calendar month AND no fewer than two (2) supervisory sessions each calendar month.
Supervisees must complete 100 hours of supervision throughout the course and a minimum of 3,000 supervised clinical hours. The supervisee must participate in the supervision process and clinical hours within the mandated timeframe of a minimum of 24 months and in no more than 48 months.
The cost of Clinical Supervision is $200/month. I accept cash and all major credit cards. No checks.